featuring Visit Strandja, Happy Hippy Hostel & Galeria in the Garden
- in which artist Wdwrd turns travels, honey and old houses into an ongoing Art Event in which you are both spectator and participant
- entry fee: €100/per person/week
- #group members: 2 – 15.
- for artists and art lovers, adventurors and nature lovers.
- Main Event Data 2012: 15 – 22 May 2012
- Book by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or make a Friend Request on facebook.com/jos.bregman
- No minimum amount of group members. Just make sure you are in Sofia the 15th of May, 2012 and let me know about it. Fly with Wizzair (wizzair.com, Eindhoven) or Bulgaria Air (air.bg; Schiphol). Wizzair flies 15th of May, leaving at 08.45 hours from Eindhoven, arriving at 12.20 hours in Sofia, local time. I will fly from Schiphol, the 15th of May, 10.40 hours, arriving at Sofia 14.10 hours, local time. For introductions it is not a bad idea to communicate first either live, through Facebook, phone or email.
- for a short and theoretical introduction to how some artists in Bulgaria think about the state of comtemporary art after socialism, check the Sofia Underground Performance Art Festival.
NB – This same Event can be done as a fully organised, luxury art theme week, 2 – 10 September 2012, in cooperation with Rodina Travel, where I will be your guide! Price level of this trip is of a different kind! We will also visit the Apollonia Art Festival, that is held every year in september, in Sozopol. More details follow here, booking will be done by Rodina Travels.
Week 1: Main Event @ Sofia to Sozopol Live Theatre
featuring e.g. Petr Minov Atelier Sofia, #netwerkwordthuis Ocenovlag, Sedemte Prestola Monastery, Koprivishtitsa Museum Village & Trees, Saeva Dupka Caves, Kazanlak Thracian Burial Hills, Zeichare Nature Access Honey Event, Solar & Grapes Land Art Project Elenovo, Dimitrov Atelier Veliko Turnovo, Sarkis Nersesyan Atelier Plovdiv, Wine Tasting& Galeria Julia Lazarova, Kotka y Kotka Art Galery Sozopol
Wdwrd will offer you a show in which modern art and their practitioners lead him, you and our fellow artists and art lovers from trendy Sofia to sunny Sozopol, during which there is plenty of time to reflect on our own creative processes.
The setting of Wdwrd’s Live Theatre is an adventurous country full of магически характери (magic characters). This will undoubtedly lead to several opportunities (and sometime hard choices) to change the program on the go.
During this week long Main Event we will share costs for food, drinks, car rental, gasoline, tips for artists we visit, entry tickets, etc. This is apart from the entry fee. Included in the entry fee is free stay (bed, bed linnen, food as available from neighbouring gardens) in #netwerkwordthuis en Land Art Project Elenovo. Both projects are basic studios where one also can sleep and eat.
When you feel like an After Party after the Main Event, and want to have unlimited Access to Bulgaria’s purest Nature (and friendliest people), Wdwrd decided to look for co-creators and he found four, four Premium Nature Access Providers. Feel free to contact them and make arrangements that fits the both of you. On their websites check the Nature Access Logo or mail them directly. When you do decide to have an After Party, drop off & pick up times and locations will be automatically synchronized.
Week 2 – After Party with Wdwrd’s Premium Nature Access Providers
1. Visit Strandja (near BlackSea&TurkishBorder: (€200 – 325/week, includes car rental and trekking routes, to be paid directly to Visit Strandja): www.visitstrandja.com, see their complete offer and possibilities on their website.
2. Happy Hippy Hostel, near Kardjali (€100/6 days, including 3 meals, to be paid directly to Happy Hippy Hostel): www.happyhippyhostel.eu, mail for their complete offer and possibilities with Lara: email@example.com
3. Galeria In the Garden, in Plovdiv: (€240/week, Artists in Residence Programme, including a bottle of wine and organic seasonal fruits) see for their complete offer and possibilities: galeria.sku.to or mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Petr Minov Atelier, in Sofia: (€50/day, including working as long as you want in Petr’s Atelier, translations Bulgarian/German or English, do what still must be done in the bronze casting facility (at a friend of Petr), flash visits to nice places in and around Sofia (bars, nature, museums, artists – Petr will show you the places you would normally never see), homemade rakia and wine, a pot of nature access honey. Petr and his wife Svetla will also help you finding a good place to sleep, which can be found for €20 per night. Cost of living can be very low. Sofia has many good places to eat out for little money. Transport for bigger works to Holland can be arranged cheaply. This also counts for works that will be cast after you have left. For an indication of the bronz casting prices, one can cast the form of a human head, including all finishing techniques for 1200 leva(=600 euro)
My name is Jos Bregman, I am an artist, dutchman, living in the Netherlands, and my nickname is Wdwrd. My Facebook is facebook.com/jos.bregman. If you are interested to get involved, make a friend request, and let magic begin. I can also introduce you to my co-creators. Beyond this superb introduction to a magical country, you can also ‘book’ my projects, for a basic stay for you and your family. For one thing, it is cheap. Nature Access Art 4 All!